What's happening at C'ville Arts?
- Textiles To Dye For, New Work by Gillian Ruffa Through December
- “Glazed Over”- Ceramic Jewelry for the Senses – Jennifer Paxton During November
- “Dancing in the Sun”, Batik Paintings by Lisa Woods through October
- “Poetry of the Land: Plein Air Painting” – New Work by Meg West, through September
- Texture Tells the Tale – Jayme Driver’s Jewelry in August
Cash Mob hits C’ville Arts … and we’re thrilled!
Ever heard the catch phrase, “We came. We spent. We partied.” ? It’s something you’ll be hearing more about in Charlottesville as the Charlottesville Cash Mob continues it’s fantastic (and exciting!) work (FUN) around town!
There is a whole movement afoot, from Cleveland to Sydney to Charlottesville and beyond! You can read all about it HERE.
Yesterday, March 24th, was designated as NATIONAL CASH MOB DAY, and Charlottesville own C’ville Arts was selected as the inaugural mob spot from an initial list of 30 or more businesses. Each mobster brought $20 to spend at the secret site (the site was announced as everyone gathered at the Pavilion), and Gallery artists took in a crazy $1700 in the 45 minutes of frenzied shopping spree.
Thank you, Cash Mob Charlottesville! (See the video below!)