What's happening at C'ville Arts?
- The Natural World of the Pacific Northwest: Landscape Photographs by Ben Greenberg, Oct 2015
- “Four Seasons: Local Plein Air Paintings of the Region “, Meg West through Sept 2015
- “Flights of Fancy”, New Work by Steve Cunningham through August 2015
- “A Vintage Picnic” – New Jewelry by Jennifer Paxton, July 2015
- A Colorful Touch of Glass-Work by Michael Crabill June 5-30, 2015
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Search for Posts by Category
Enchanted Virginia – New Work by Flame Bilyue at C’ville Arts in August
Our talented and locally popular member, Flame Bilyue will be C’ville Arts Cooperative Gallery’s featured artist during the month of August.
Flame Bilyue’s paintings are two and three dimensional images created with water color, acrylics, colored pencils and pastels. They are painted on canvas, paper or sculpted paper. Her paintings create mystical, magical experiences where we are transported to unknown realms full of beauty and vibrancy. Subtle figures, faces and creatures are woven into a beautiful tapestry of woods and moonlit lakes. We are reminded that there is a depth to the natural world that we rarely see. Using bright, colorful images can evoke dreams of ecstatic play and call the heart to dance – images that tap into our childlike wonder.
This “Sculpted Paper”, is made from office paper, art scraps as well as other natural fibers or plants. The materials are soaked, turned into a pulp, shaped, painted and then dried on screens. This creates depth and texture often drawing the viewer into the painting. She also recycles and makes paper that appears three dimensional and finished with acrylic paint and framed under glass to protect the delicate fibers. To learn more about this artist visit her web site www.flamebilyue.com.