What's happening at C'ville Arts?
- “A Vintage Picnic” – New Jewelry by Jennifer Paxton, July 2015
- A Colorful Touch of Glass-Work by Michael Crabill June 5-30, 2015
- “Perfect Vessels” – New Work in Glass by Mary Ellen Larkins, May 2015
- A Candle in the Darkness – Poetry and Painting by Terri St. Cloud through April 2015
- The Art of Spring Cleaning – New from Herbalist Brigitte Rau, thru March 2015
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Search for Posts by Category
Enchanted Virginia – New Work by Flame Bilyue at C’ville Arts in August
Our talented and locally popular member, Flame Bilyue will be C’ville Arts Cooperative Gallery’s featured artist during the month of August.
Flame Bilyue’s paintings are two and three dimensional images created with water color, acrylics, colored pencils and pastels. They are painted on canvas, paper or sculpted paper. Her paintings create mystical, magical experiences where we are transported to unknown realms full of beauty and vibrancy. Subtle figures, faces and creatures are woven into a beautiful tapestry of woods and moonlit lakes. We are reminded that there is a depth to the natural world that we rarely see. Using bright, colorful images can evoke dreams of ecstatic play and call the heart to dance – images that tap into our childlike wonder.
This “Sculpted Paper”, is made from office paper, art scraps as well as other natural fibers or plants. The materials are soaked, turned into a pulp, shaped, painted and then dried on screens. This creates depth and texture often drawing the viewer into the painting. She also recycles and makes paper that appears three dimensional and finished with acrylic paint and framed under glass to protect the delicate fibers. To learn more about this artist visit her web site www.flamebilyue.com.